Mission Statement: Our Mission is to motivate, empower, and encourage men through mentoring and various other resources. We will challenge fathers to be engaged in their child’s education, participate in the parent meetings, to make positive decisions and ultimately help facilitate the process that will shape them, and their families into successful and responsible members of our community.
Hello, my name is Claudius Pratt, Fatherhood Coordinator for the City of Chattanooga Head Start / Early Head Start program. As the father of four children and the grandfather of two grandsons, I have learned that it is very important for me to be a support for my children. Sometimes all it requires is being there and letting them know that we love them. Though our children don’t expect us to be perfect, they do want to know that we are there for them.
Studies have shown the following regarding fathers:
• Fathers have a direct impact on the well-being and social behavior of their children.
• A father who has a good relationship with the mother of their children is more likely to be involved and spend time with their children.
• Children with involved, caring fathers have better educational outcomes.
• The influence of a father’s involvement on academic achievement extends into adolescence and young adulthood.
• Children with good relationships with their fathers were less likely to experience depression, and exhibit disruptive behavior.
Through this program you will learn ways of making fatherhood fun and interactive, and build a stronger and healthier relationship with your child. A father is never finished learning, so come and let’s learn and grow together through this walk of fatherhood.
Please find the below links help for your journery through fatherhood.
National Centers for Fathers: http://www.fathers.com/
Men's Health: http://www.menshealthnetwork.org/
Raising a Child without a Dad: http://www.ahaparenting.com/blog/Raising_a_Child_without_a_Dad
The Family that play together stay together: http://www1.cbn.com/parenting/families-that-play-together-stay-together
I look forward to working with you,